Make a real difference to the lives of vulnerable people
Is caring for others something you're passionate about? It’s important that we not only recruit the right individuals for the right roles, but also that we invest in them and their futures. Click the button below and take a look at the available jobs we have.
Our employees are important.
It’s important that we not only recruit the right individuals for the right roles, but also that we invest in them and their futures. We do that in the following ways.
- Our interview process involves an initial expression of interest, a full application and at least one face-to-face interview
- We make sure all our employees have full DBS checks in place
- We carry out full reference and background checks on everyone, before we invite them to work for us
Training and development
- Every employee goes through an initial induction within their first 12 weeks with us
- They also undergo ongoing training and development, including training in health and safety, moving and handling, fire awareness, adult protection issues, and other areas.
- We manage and train our staff with the aim that:
- all our carers achieve at least an NVQ Level 2
- all other staff receive training that’s approriate to their work, eg food hygiene training for catering staff.
- We have an open door policy that encourages them to talk to us about any issues or concerns that they may have.
Reviews and appraisals
- We carry out regular, unannounced, spot checks.
- We regularly observe employees during their induction period (first 12 weeks)
- Once they’ve completed their induction period, we regularly observe each worker’s practice (at least once every 3 months) to identify their strengths and development needs
- We supervise each worker at least once every 3 months and give them an agreed written record of the supervision
- We appraise each worker’s performance regularly, at least every 12 months. Our appraisals include details of learning and development needs, as well as feedback from relevant service users.